New Jersey

Pics
hey santa baby, youre not too far from the new egypt agway, they start getting birds in on march 1st i believe. if you check newegyptagway.com they will tell you what breeds they get on what dates. also the tractor supply neat you will order birds for you but i think you have to order a minimum of 25. i think agway does special orders too with a 6 bird minimum. i got the majority of my birds from there and the birds are great, although 2 did pass from unknown causes the first year, i believe 1 was egg bound and the other was acting like it had a stroke but some losses are to be expected. all my ducks are from there too and they've had no problems at all. the also get geese, turkeys and a decent variety of bantams

Hey New Jersey peeps! Or more specifically Warren and Sussex county peeps! I've got a bit of a shameless plug for my Ambulance Corps. We are holding a fundraiser at a restaurant called Krogh's in Sparta on March 18th. 10% of all money spent on food that day will be donated to the Blairstown Ambulance Corps. It is supposed to be a great place to eat and the money donated that day will be put towards our new building fund. It's a great way to get out, have a good time, and support a good cause!

For more information, please visit www.46rescue.org. From my understanding, if you print out the flyer on the website and bring it with you when you go to eat, they will donate two additional dollars to our organization. Also, feel free to ask me any questions and let me know if you plan on coming! It would be great to meet up with some new and old BYC peeps!

Hi Guys! Sorry I've been off, but I haven't been getting my subscription email reminders - I hope I have that fixed.

Lauren - the Spring Show in May 19th. I will bee looking for you, even if you have to come with your ambulance!

Santa Baby, you can also get birds at our show, mentioned above. We are in Augusta, NJ, at the state fairgrounds. I'll be starting a thread about the show at the end of next month, but there's always a good sale of various birds there. Can't tell you what will be there, as it's different every time.

Mame,

I'm sticking it into my schedule right now. I *should* be able to attend as long as they don't change my schedule too much for my full time position.

Hi Guys! Sorry I've been off, but I haven't been getting my subscription email reminders - I hope I have that fixed.

Lauren - the Spring Show in May 19th. I will bee looking for you, even if you have to come with your ambulance!

Santa Baby, you can also get birds at our show, mentioned above. We are in Augusta, NJ, at the state fairgrounds. I'll be starting a thread about the show at the end of next month, but there's always a good sale of various birds there. Can't tell you what will be there, as it's different every time.

Mary, I'm coming this year!!! Can't wait to see you!!!! Lauren, you too!!!!

Hey all! Mary suggested that I post about our Chick Chat! It will be at Kirby Bros in Medford NJ. We are going to have a big 4-H fundraiser. And of course Chickens! Last year was a lot of fun and i think this year will be even more so. There is more info on our site and FB. Or you can just PM me if you'd like. I hope some of you can make it!

LOL Edit to state a date and time! March 10th 10am-4pm www.kirbybros.com

Last edited:
Mary, I'm coming this year!!! Can't wait to see you!!!! Lauren, you too!!!!

Woot!! Can't wait!

As for the Kirby Bros. chicken thing - this is the best old-time feed store I have seen! They've been in business in the same location for over 100 years - what a great building and super people! It's a lovely town, too. Last year was a lot of fun, and a few BYCers stopped by, so come down! (Sarah - I'm gonna want one of those mega dried mealworm packs!)

I will save one just for you. (they make BUCKET sized ones now!) One of our little 4-H freinds is going into the "meal worm business". I am pretty excited about it! Thanks for the shout-out! You're good people.

Back
Top Bottom