New kind of spam

Yay Chicks!

Songster
9 Years
Apr 15, 2010
Forest Grove, OR
In the past few days I have noticed several posts by "new members" promoting TV shows with a link. This is all they are posting, so they're not actual BYC forum folk.
Prior to the upgrade, we could "report" the thread directly from that page, but now I cannot figure out how to do that. What am I missing?

Thanks.

There is still a 'report' button. It's the little red flag on the lower left corner of your signature in every thread. I tested it just now and pressed it. Apparently you don't even have to type anything out anymore when reporting a thread; it just does it for you. Pretty nifty!

Last edited:
Red flag! Oh, of course. Doh!
hmm.png

Thanks.

Thanks for the warning, though. Probably a good idea to avoid those links from mysterious strangers.
Or spam, or any other kind of sausage.

Last edited:
its almost probable to be a spambot as opposed to a person opperating the account,the big art community; deviant art has got an also big problem with them at the moment.
itll be taking advantage of the latest spam bot CAPTCHA workarounds.

Found about 7 of them today. In one section. Wasn't sure what to think, but reported them anyway. All the time I've been on BYC I've never seen spam. Either I'm very inattentive or we're getting popular.

Seen a lot of this spam around, I always report it when I see it. :lol:
I notice that a lot of it seems to appear in "middle of the night" for you guys, but it probably just seems that way to me because during the "day" the mods get to it before I have a chance to see it. A good thing. :p

Back
Top Bottom