new LG bator Question?

Jessiewoodard57

Songster
9 Years
Jun 2, 2010
Bushnell, FL.
I just added another bator today (my hova bator is full and all the feed store had is LGs) so I bought a LG. The instructions that came with the LG were sooooo incomplete as far I'm concerned. What I need to know is which troughs do you use for incubating and which for hatching? The instructions just say in bottom of the bator!! After I am done with this hatch I will see if a removable plastic tray from the hova bator will fit if so I will buy another for the LG. (the plastic tray seems like it would be easier to clean).

Tonight I am picking up some Partridge Cochins so I needed the second bator.

Thank you in advance for your help in this matter.

Quote:
Chances are you got the 9200. I just got one last week, it will work but it's a pain at times. I added the fan kit since the store had them, I'm really glad I did. It was pretty easy.

This will help right away! https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=412923

As
far as the bottom, eyeball it carefully. It has ventilation holes in weird places. Put water where it doesn't have the holes. Definitely put a good, reliable hygrometer in there, and another thermometer. Mine was off by 1.5 degrees.

Good luck!

ETA, be REALLY careful adjusting the temp, it's ultra-sensitive.

Last edited:
Thanks for the fast reply. I don't like the LG as much as the Hova-Bator but it will have to do. I had it running all day and it seems to be holding at 100 so i just loaded it with 17 partridge cochins, 6 silverlaced cochins, and 1 lone EE. We shall see how it works.

Back
Top Bottom