New & loving my additions!

cndlou

Songster
Jul 6, 2016
Pasadena, CA
Hi! I am new to everything chicken. I'm loving the three hens and one rooster that I've recently adopted. The rooster apparently had been used for fighting.
1f61e.png

I've got lots of questions and I really don't know where to begin. Right now, during the day, they are free range in my fenced yard. At night I have them sleeping in dog crates. I am searching to find a coop for them with a fenced-in run, just in case I am not here in the morning to let them out of those crates. I'm working on a rather tight budget... does anybody have any suggestions where I can get a coup for a reasonable price?

If you have Craig's list, in your area - many times people have gotten coops and sometimes birds with them for very little $$$ or even free. Other times you can find chain link dog runs at good prices. Small wooden sheds can be converted into coops and so on.

Thanks, DD! Yes, I have been looking. There are so many choices..& not bad prices! Just trying to figure out what will work w my space. Someone suggested using one of those kids playhouses as a coop. Not sure if it would work. I have 3 hens. Do I need 3 nesting boxes? Do I need another for my Rudy, the rooster? So many questions!
1f633.png

Update... Found my coop! Woohoo! So excited! Hope to have it set up tomorrow & get my kids outta those dog crates at night! Thanks for the suggestions! Craigslist worked for me!

Back
Top Bottom