New male.

We have him in a large very secure pen that has a full roof on it. It’s 10‘ x 12‘. And it’s got several different heights of roost and his food and water is in there. That itself is in our fenced chicken village as I call it. So he’s got lots of company because there’s chickens and ducks around him but he doesn’t have anybody in the pen with him.
And we were advised to keep him penned up for a few months just so he doesn’t wander away looking for a mate.

In my experience it's best that peas don't get to chummy with people. I consider mine "casual buddies" in that I can move about the pen without them being bothered and they know that I'm a food provider but they don't come looking for attention. I've known a few people who had birds stolen because they weren't afraid of people approaching them.

In my experience it's best that peas don't get to chummy with people. I consider mine "casual buddies" in that I can move about the pen without them being bothered and they know that I'm a food provider but they don't come looking for attention. I've known a few people who had birds stolen because they weren't afraid of people approaching them.
Thank you. Kind of the way I am with my chickens and ducks

Back
Top Bottom