Yorkshire Coop

Kindness costs nothing ..
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Aug 16, 2014
UK 🇬🇧
My Coop
My Coop
As I logged on this morning this popped up which I have never seen before. Is it new?
062BFF1C-5B31-423B-9E57-F678960F5F8A.jpeg

Thanks for the screenshot! I checked-in with the wonderful company that helps manage our ads and here is what they said:

"Your readers are on top of things! Yes, that's from us. We just started testing a new version of our Consent Management Platform yesterday. The consent box only displays for traffic coming from countries governed by GDPR, and this newer version is only showing to a really small percentage of that traffic for testing purposes.
If you have any additional questions, though, let me know!"

The rules for websites, internet providers, advertisers, etc., are constantly evolving... and we are required to follow local laws for all the areas in which we operate, which includes our peeps under GDPR.

This actually reminds me: When I was in the EU and visiting Sumi I remember getting GDPR notice popups on pretty much every site I visited, and it was really interesting to see the difference compared to the states.

... that said, I think the US is going to have similar rules in place (already do in California), so we're going to keep seeing more and more stuff like this moving forward.

I know it’s a new thing but just a bit of a feedback for the company but I’m sure they are still tweaking things! It’s popping up a lot the last couple of days. I have been clicking “accept all” but to no avail unfortunately. Both on iPad and iPhone. It’s nothing I can’t live with but all the same I thought they would like to know.

Thanks for that feedback!

To clarify:

Are you getting it multiple times on the same device? Unfortunately it's not tied to your BYC account, so you will probably get it at least once on different devices.

have been clicking “accept all” but to no avail
Does this mean the click button isn't working, or that it goes away, then comes back later?

I'm sure they will be open to the feedback and/or explain the requirements a bit more.

Are others in the EU having a similar experience?

Back
Top Bottom