New member! Advice??

Duckduck_Guz

In the Brooder
Sep 23, 2020
Hello all, I'm new to BYC and looking for any any advice that would make me a better duck owner. Never had ducks before and I've read alot here about different things when I'm looking for answers or help with something specific so I thought it would just be a good idea to join and get the most out of this journey. Long story short, we purchased a home with a pond and I wanted ducks for it. I was surprised in May 2020 by my fiance on my birthday with 15 of them. They were about a week old when we got them. The most experience I have with animals is dogs and cats :lau. Go big or go home right?

Welcome! To BYC Check check your pond for snapping turtles . They are a lot trouble when it comes to ducks feet and well being in general . Maybe call someone that traps them before you let your ducks on the pond . Those nasty critters seem to smell out every pond sooner or later . Just a suggestion .
So far no trouble, the pond is only a couple years old, I’m sure they will make their way there eventually, as you’ve said. Any hints on how to keep the turtles away to begin with?

Back
Top Bottom