new member and complete novice at keeping chickens!

chickangel63

Hatching
7 Years
Jun 26, 2012
hello everyone
i'm new to BYC and new to keeping chickens. At the moment we have 4 babies, a Rhode Island Red, a Pekin Bantam, a Polish Bantam and an Andulusian supposedly, but really not sure. We have researched the breeds and the chicks don't look like they are supposed to, so i suppose we will just have to wait and see.
My hubby is just starting to make our coop down the bottom of our garden and would like to thank everyone who posted their designs as they have given him some great ideas
look forwards to chatting to you all
Donna x

Hello and welcome to BYC! If you post pics of your chicks some of the more experienced members may be able to tell you it they are the breeds they're supposed to be. (I know nothing about breeds
tongue.png
)

thank you, but only just getting used to this computer thingy! so the photos may take some time lol x

welcome-byc.gif
from West Virginia! I'm new to the chicken thing as well but I have found out they don't need a lot of the expensive stuff to make them happy. I spent a lot of money building a pen and coop and they are happy with the tree limbs that I put in temporarily as roosting poles. I had bought locust posts to put in but NOOOOO....they want the tree limbs.
lau.gif
I put 2 ears of corn in their pen yesterday and they attacked them. They LOVE fresh corn. Anyway, there is a lot of great information on this site as well as some great people. (and a little kooky....
hide.gif
) Whenever you can, post pics of your babies. We love seeing pics!! Welcome to BYC!!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom