New member - any suggestions for a noisy Roo?

Thanks ...I actually have an A-Frame coop (smaller one made to handle about 4 regular size chickens) that he stays in at night and I keep him secure in there until the morning (ramp access I can close up at night for predator protection). Plus I'm gonna try covering the little window of it at night so it will stay darker longer inside. So that helps with the morning crowing a little.

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

I'm fairly new to chickens as wll, but I've heard a lot about when introducing new chickens. I found the best advice that worked for me was that you put the new ones in at night, so when they awake with new companions, they are more likely to be accepted.
The ones that arent as easily accepted can be caged so they are seen, with eventuall acceptance being the outcome.
Needless to say, I have many ages, and birds from different flocks, and they now all get along great.
Another lesson I've learnt: one rooster is lots! if crowing is a concern, keep it to one, as they will crow in response to each other as well....Good luck!

Hi I have just shut my Rooster in his pen with his girls he has not stopped crowing all day, and I need Sunday afternoon to be peacefully for me and the [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]neighbors[/FONT] I find that he crows to call his girls together, but half the time they ignore him, so when I shut them all away in the pen, he shuts up, maybe your rooster is calling for some mates.
Good luck Shaun

Back
Top Bottom