New Member checking in!!

Beautiful chick, is he displaying any other symptoms? If he has it that long, I would suspect it's not from a bite or sting. I've never seen anything like that. Hope the ER people can determine what he has and what to do about it. Is there any possibility you would take him to a vet?

Thank you. I don't want to take him to a vet. I know that sounds harsh but we raise the Roos for meat alone. He will eventually be harvested. I don't want him to suffer though. I also would like to know if it is a disease and if my flock is in danger of contracting it.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Yes, I would say this is reaction to something like an insect bite or allergic reaction to something he may have ate. Definitely stop by our emergency sections for some help. I hope he makes a full recovery!

Thank you. I don't want to take him to a vet. I know that sounds harsh but we raise the Roos for meat alone. He will eventually be harvested. I don't want him to suffer though. I also would like to know if it is a disease and if my flock is in danger of contracting it.
Or worse yet, as you are raising them for meat, that you can't eat the meat because of this.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

I'm sorry to hear about your chick! I hope you can find out what is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom