new member from amelia, Virginia

Hi and
welcome-byc.gif
! We are glad you joined the flock! :)

Thanks cuzchickens and thanks for the link the mountains over three are beautiful. These are actually glo not glw does that mean they don't look up to par lol. The hen that is facing the camera is actually ready to molt and missing most of her back and tail feathers and it had rained that day and her side fluff was wet the pullet in the avatar pic is 3 1/2 months that might have changed their look but will take constructive criticism. Thanks for the welcome and the invite to the va page.

Thanks cuzchickens and thanks for the link the mountains over three are beautiful. These are actually glo not glw does that mean they don't look up to par lol. The hen that is facing the camera is actually ready to molt and missing most of her back and tail feathers and it had rained that day and her side fluff was wet the pullet in the avatar pic is 3 1/2 months that might have changed their look but will take constructive criticism. Thanks for the welcome and the invite to the va page.
Oh, sorry, I am so used to seeing that color variation in Wyandottes, I forgot you said you raised Orps! They look amazing, though the pullet in your avatar could use a bit more lacing on her wings....But yeah, they have much better lacing than mine!

No problem and thanks. Not sure how much that changes as they get their adult feathers her hackles have started getting lighter and she is getting bigger.

No problem and thanks. Not sure how much that changes as they get their adult feathers her hackles have started getting lighter and she is getting bigger.
I think that by the time they are 3 months old, the feather patterns on them are what they will have for the rest of their life.

Thanks for the help. Hatching out some chicks from a different hen and can see how their patterns are. That pullet you're talking about is becoming a big girl which might out weigh those flight feathers. Thanks for the comment and I welcome any help.

Thanks for the help. Hatching out some chicks from a different hen and can see how their patterns are. That pullet you're talking about is becoming a big girl which might out weigh those flight feathers. Thanks for the comment and I welcome any help.
Keep us posted on the chicks!

Back
Top Bottom