New member from Colorado

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cballiu, Jul 25, 2014.

1. cballiu

cballiu In the Brooder

Jul 25, 2014
    Hi there. I've been raising small numbers of chickens for about 8 years. Have some questions an thought this would be a good group to learn from.

2. Basskids08

Basskids08 Chick Logging

Hello and welcome to BYC!

Hello and welcome to BYC! Have you been to our learning center yet? They have some great articles to read, here is the link to it, https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, someone is always around to answer any questions you may have!

Also if you need anything or have questions about your new ones this thread is really good, https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/how-to-raise-baby

if you would like to post pictures of your chicks you can do so here, https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/39/pictures-stories-of-my-chickens. We all love seeing new chickens.

3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Bird is the Word

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

So glad you could join our community! Definitely stop by our learning center for lots of good articles on caring for your flock. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Welcome to our flock!

4. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons

Apr 23, 2014
    Colorado
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

I live in colorado too!!

5. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 Free Ranging

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Crowing

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. X3 on stopping by our Learning Center. If you have any specific questions, just post them on the forum and I'm sure you'll get lots of replies. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

7. ronmauldin

ronmauldin Songster

Jan 25, 2014
    Rhode Island
    Welcome from the Ocean State!

8. sumi

sumi Égalité

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

9. Are you finding all the information you need [​IMG]

10. cballiu

cballiu In the Brooder

Jul 25, 2014
    I've been raising chickens for several years. It's been mostly hit and miss. I've had a variety of breeds but 2 years ago bought Buff Brahman, Gold-laced Wyandotttes, Partridge Wyandottes and Mille Fleur D'uccle bantam chicks. I still have some of those. However I have 9 hens and 7 roosters which is way too many roosters. They're just so pretty I hate to kill them for the stew pot. My chickens free-range during the day and I currently have 3 hens broodying. But nothing has hatched this year. I don't know if they give up and leave - I haven't kept track very well. So I bought a used incubator yesterday and I'm going to try to get more serious about hatching. What do other people do with the excess roosters?

Thanks for the welcome to the group.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: