New member from Kansas

costello

Songster
6 Years
Mar 24, 2013
Just a brief introduction.

I'm new to raising chickens. I have four chicks I bought at a local farm supply store, and I've managed to keep them alive for 16 days now.
smile.png

I'm looking to buy a chicken tractor. The little chicks are growing fast and escaping their box. I found one on craigslist that looks promising: http://topeka.craigslist.org/grd/3697889676.html

Greetings from a fellow Kansan, costello, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to welcome fellow Kansas folks to BYC. Go Jayhawks!! What part of the state is home? If you've kept them alive for 16 days you must be doing something right! Good luck with the tractor. Do you have a coop ready to go?

Thanks for all the welcome messages, folks! I haven't logged in for days, and I didn't notice I'd got so many responses.
smile.png

I'm from Lawrence, redsoxs. I don't have a coop yet. The guy in Topeka selling the tractor coop hasn't responded to my inquiries, so I guess I'm going to have to figure something else out. I'm not terribly handy, so I won't be able to build my own. Orsheln is selling coops of the right size, but they aren't tractors, which I have my heart set on. I think they could be modified to add wheels, so I may have to go that route.

My chicks are growing fast (they're all still alive!
celebrate.gif
), so I'm feeling some pressure to get them outside in a coop. I don't want to leave them to run loose, because I live on a lot at a lake, and I don't wish to annoy the neighbors.
smile.png

I guess I'll see if I can find a section on this forum about coops and read what others are doing.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Back
Top Bottom