New Member from MA

Goneinc

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 1, 2014
Hello all,

I just aquired 5 pullets and a new hen-pen. I used to raise chickens. When my last two hens died at age 10 (their age not mine). I stopped being a chicken person for over 20 years....Now I am back at it. The person who sold me my girls told me they are all "Easter Eggers" but one is very different. I wonder if anyone can guess at her breed.
Thanks,
Nancy

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I am not good with breed ID's on birds I don't keep. But there will be others stopping by to welcome you here to BYC that well know.

Very pretty bird!

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

That bird still looks like an EE. EEs are not a true breed so they can really look like anything!

The person who sold me my girls told me they are all "Easter Eggers" but one is very different. I wonder if anyone can guess at her breed.
Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Your hen is a Easter Egger. EEs can come in a large variety of colors, but the greenish legs are a dead giveaway. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your EEs.

frow.gif
Nancy, what a beautiful name. Okay, so I'm a Nancy too. But it's still a beautiful name. Your birds are beautiful and I think you will be very pleased with easter eggers.
They are very popular with chicken folks

Thank you, everyone, for taking the time to reply. I have looked more at EE images and now have seen some like her. I will know for sure when they start to lay. I have five girls and believe they are approximately 13 weeks old. I got them on July 1 at about 8 weeks old. They came from a stressful situation of over crowding and not much human contact. They are warming to us nicely, however. They all came with their backs pecked of feathers. All recovered quickly except for one they continued to peck at. After reading about "aprons" I made her one and think it has saved her life. She was so weak and unable to feed that I feared losing her. She is now strong and keeps up with the rest of the girls. Here she is with the first day without her apron. The others still picked at her so I had to make a longer apron as she has grown. Her name is Rusty for the rust colored feathers on her breast. Thanks for reading!

I'm glad to hear that Rusty is doing well. You'll love the colored eggs of the EEs. They are my granddaughter's favorite chickens because of their colored eggs.

Back
Top Bottom