New member from Maine

hbarn

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 9, 2009
A quick hello from a new member in Maine. I had chickens years ago and have always wanted to keep them again. I found this site through a search and have found it invaluable for researching this project. Until now I'd just been reading all the posts and learning but was able to find a BYC member close to me who had some stock for sale and now am the proud owner of four beautiful birds! My thanks to Jennifer at Solsken Farm for my little flock, 2 buff orp pullets, a gorgeous wheaten ameraucana roo, and a lovely EE hen who laid an egg within hours of moving in, what a great proponent for the chicken fancy! I'm hooked.

frow.gif
Welcome, and Congratulations on the new chickens

I second Jennifer's birds. I picked up several from her just after Christmas. Thanks to her I have an Ameraucana pair, a trio of Welsummers, a Salmom Fav roo, and a Mille Fluer d'uccle pair. All are doing great.
And as an added bonus she gave me a dozen eggs that I tried hatching. Out of the twelve, 11 hatched and 10 survived. From the looks I think I have 2 EE (probably roos), 1 brabanter, and 7 marans. They are now around seven weeks old and have graduated to the basement brooder. Now if the snow would just melt more they can make their way outside.
To think I only wanted a few chickens;).

Back
Top Bottom