New member from Manchester, CT -I have no chickens!

Christine P

In the Brooder
Jun 8, 2015
Manchester, CT
Hi everyone- I just signed up as a member of this board. Manchester, CT just passed a new ordinance so folks can have a small number of chickens or pot bellied pigs now.

I currently have neither :). I have been diligently reading up on everything-chickens to learn all I can and try to decide if backyard chickens is something I want to get into. Still trying to fully convince my husband as well.

frow.gif
Welcome to Backyard chickens Christine. That's is great about the chickens but, I had no idea people still want to have pot bellied pigs. They are not small pigs by any stretch of the imagination.

Do you know what purpose you would want the chickens to serve? Meat, eggs, show, pets, lawn decorations? Maybe if you took your husband to a feed store where he could see some chicks, he might get interested in them.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.
I'm SO glad to hear your laws allow you to own chickens!
woot.gif
Chickens are sure fun raise and are super enjoyable and entertaining! You've definitely come to the right place to learn about and chat about chickens. Have you checked out our learning center yet? Tons of helpful info there https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center And feel free to ask any questions. We are happy to help.

I'd like chickens for eggs and as pets. The pot bellied pigs are cute but agreed they don't stay that way for long!

:frow Welcome to Backyard chickens Christine.  That's is great about the chickens  but, I had no idea people still want to have pot bellied pigs. They  are not small pigs by any stretch of the imagination.

Do you know what purpose you would want the chickens to serve?   Meat, eggs, show, pets,  lawn decorations?  Maybe if you took your husband to a feed store where he could see some chicks, he might  get interested in them.

Thanks :). I have been scouring that section of backyard chickens for sure! Also other websites and watching YouTube videos for chicken beginners :)

[COLOR=333333]Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.[/COLOR]
I'm SO glad to hear your laws allow you to own chickens!:woot Chickens are sure fun raise and are super enjoyable and entertaining! You've definitely come to the right place to learn about and chat about chickens. Have you checked out our learning center yet? Tons of helpful info there https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center And feel free to ask any questions. We are happy to help.

Back
Top Bottom