New member from Michigan

Welcome to BYC. When you have birds shipped you have every right to be a worrier. If you go to "where am I, where are you," in the social forum, you can locate and post on your state thread. This will bring you in contact with other chicken folks - some I am sure will have better quality stock and you would probably be able to pick up your birds and not need to risk shipping them.

Hello from South Carolina!
welcome-byc.gif
We are happy you joined us!
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif

I got 3 Barred Rocks, 3 Red Leghorns, 3 Silver Laced Wyandottes, 3 Buttercups (Lost two
sad.png
) 3 Andalusians, 3 Buff Orpingtons, 3 Light Brahmas, and 1 Salmon Favorelle cockerel. I must have drove whoever packed them nuts! They did well though. I got an extra wyandotte and a polish as the free exotic. The buttercups had something physically wrong with them and died pretty quickly. My one hen who has matured is great though. I don't think I will order again from them only because of the Friday shipping thing and wanting to get better stock with known history. I was a nervous wreck on Sunday thinking of the chicks sitting in the post office all day and night. I know... I'm just a worrier.
roll.png

I'm sorry you lost the Buttercups. You have nice mix of good layers. Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Sorry to hear about the losses. I hope the hatchery is going to replace them?

One was 72 hours after hatching approx, so it didn't come in dead and it just failed to thrive. The other was about two weeks old and wasn't developing right. She just seemed brittle. That was the only way I could describe it. I did report the issues to them. I had heard that US flocks of buttercups tend to have hardiness issues for some reason, so I don't really blame the hatchery for it.

Back
Top Bottom