New member from MN

PrairieHollow

In the Brooder
Nov 28, 2021
Hi- We are new members, living in the St. Croix River Valley of MN. We are new to raising chickens, and raised 16 chickens from baby chicks this past March. We have a variety of breeds including blue laced gold wyandottes, rhode island reds, buff orpington, and barred rocks. They are all laying, as far as I can tell, as I get anywhere from 11 to 15 eggs each day from them. This started as my son's first homeschool project when we pulled him out of the public school during covid last year in November, and I didn't have any curriculum yet. He and my husband built the coop and run and we've been tweaking things to prepare for winter and making adjustments to try to solve problems we come across. We've definitely enjoyed learning more about chickens, and finding out just how entertaining they can be! Hoping to learn a lot from other members and hopefully get some good tips from others when we run into questions/problems we are trying to solve. Thanks for the opportunity to join in this community.

Back
Top Bottom