New member from NC

mother of many

Chirping
May 11, 2015
Bladenboro, NC
Just wanted to pop in and show off my flock. Just recently got to start my own flock. I grew up around chickens having at least 30 in the yard at any given time. I wanted my children to grow up with chickens and animals like I did. Gives them a sense of responsibility. Lets them have something to raise and be proud of. I love that they have taken so kindly to it. My husband and I have 4 kids total but 2 together. The older ones are not fans of the chickens lol. But thankfully my little ones are country bumpkins like me especially my 2 year old. We have 12 chickens in all and 2 mean ol mallard babies ( 10-11 weeks old). We have 2 easter eggers that are around a year to a year and a half old, one roo and one hen. There are 3 plymouth rocks 2 pullets and 1 cockrel, 2 rhode island red pullets ( all of which are between 10-11 weeks old). Then we have a gold laced wyandotte pullet ( 6 weeks), 2 buff polish (5 weeks old (1 male, 1 female)), and a gold laced cochin cockrel(5 weeks old). Oh and my little black silkie girl who is about 10-12 weeks old. My husband calls me a crazy chicken lady. I want to expand a little next year to round it off to 20 but for now we will stick with what we have.

These are just a few pictures I have. Sorry some are a little blurry.

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have a beautiful daughter and flock. Thanks for posting the pics. :eek:) Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children and I hope at some point the older ones get into the chickens as well. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Last edited:
Your daughter sure looks like a natural born chicken lover. So great when kids get involved. Welcome to Backyard chickens, glad you joined the flock
wee.gif

Thank you both for the warm welcome. I know that I will fit right in here. I truely am a crazy chicken lady. And I am certain my daughter will be too lol. She loves them very much and does very well with them although she does get a little over excited at times esp with the smaller chicks. And as for the older 2 children I can only hope but teenagers are harder to be convinced.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Nice intro! Sounds like you have a lovely flock. Great pics! Thanks for sharing those with us. I'm also sure you'll fit in just fine. We are all crazy chickens lovers here and all want to help each other. Glad you joined our flock! See you around BYC
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom