New member from NE Kansas

DakotaFarms

Hatching
8 Years
Mar 13, 2011
When my daughter was born a few years ago I made a commitment that I would get us out of the city and she would get a country upbringing. She is almost 4 and I am happy to say that we are in the country now and have begun building our little farm on 11 acres. We currently have 8 acres fenced and one small barn for various livestock. Not a huge farm but more a modest homestead. Soon there will be a few goats, pigs, maybe a cow or two plus the huge garden that is already in place. But first comes the chickens as my daughter gets so crazy when chick days come to the local farm stores.

Coop construction begins in a few days which has brought me to this site for research. I will be reading a lot and hopefully picking the brains of those seasoned veterans of raising chickens.

welcome-byc.gif

You have come to the right place. This site is full of wisdom, many seasoned chicken addicts and lots of newbies too. Plus, many threads dedicated to things not chicken. Enjoy and welcome.

welcome-byc.gif

Congratulations on the move!
smile.png

Yes, chicken first!

Oh, it sounds so wonderful, a nice farm.

Glad you found this fun and friendly site, with lots of info!

welcome-byc.gif
from another person in Kansas, I am so glad that you got a farm that is my dream and what we are working on right now. Good luck with the chicks, I remember you can get chicks and brood them inside while you work on the outside coop/pen.

Back
Top Bottom