New member from NE Oklahoma

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by wdmyers, Mar 17, 2009.

1. wdmyers

wdmyers Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2009
    Mannford
    (1) I have had chickens in the past. I had some Black Australorps three years ago. One of my kids raised 90 broilers for the Drumwright broiler show last spring. We moved and I am just now getting set up again. I learned a lot last time and I hope to get more into it this time around.
    (2) Right now I don't have any birds. I am in the process of building a chicken house now. I hope to avoid some of the errors I made last time.
    (3) I am open to different breeds. I will be looking to the heavy breeds to start. I want something dual purpose. I want eggs and meat for the table.
    (4) I came across BYC while doing research online.
    (5) I also raise pigs that my kids show in 4H and FFA. I also keep rabbits and I want to get into some game birds also.
    (6) My Wife and I live in Mannford OK. We have five great kids. I grew up in NE OK, my Grandpa Charles always had chickens and rabbits. He used them to provide both meat and eggs for his family. I hope to pass this experience on to my kids.
    (7) I signed up here hoping to find some good local resources.

2. EngieKisses

EngieKisses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2008
    Collinsville, Oklahoma
    [​IMG] We are NE of Tulsa, basically Sand Springs. We have some Rhode Island Reds, Americaunas (thats probably spelled wrongs), bantam cochins, and some Polish chickens. Hope you enjoy this site, there is a lot to learn on here. There is a thread with a lot of okies on it at this address below.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=23736

3. wdmyers

wdmyers Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2009
    Mannford
    Thanks. I just posted an intro there also. I look foward to learning a lot here.

Thanks again![​IMG]

4. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    [​IMG] you will learn alot here.we are always glad to see new members rhode island reds are good dual purpose birds.

5. lowcountrypoultry

lowcountrypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC! You will love it here [​IMG]

-Austin from SC

6. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    [​IMG]

7. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    [​IMG]
    From Old Town, Maine

8. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Hi wd - welcome! I'm in Tulsa and am starting my second flock anew after predators wiped out my clucks last year. Glad you're here!

9. n-da-woods

n-da-woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    North Carolina
    Hello [​IMG] and WELCOME to BYC from NC

10. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by