1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Member from North Idaho

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Tiffytoodles, May 25, 2011.

1. Tiffytoodles

Tiffytoodles Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2011
    Idaho
    My husband and I were recently given an acre of land off of my grandparents property...thats when the fever hit! They had an empty coop just calling my name... So last spring I decided to get chickens. I started with 5 speckled sussex. THIS spring I decided to get more [​IMG]

The reason?

Wellllll.... beside the fact that we just LOVE our little bird friends...My hubby is an avid sportsman an he eats A LOT of eggs, minimum 6 per day. Sad to say my 5 girls were just not cutting the mustard!I could go on all day about the health benefits of farm eggs vs. store eggs (YUCK!) ect.[​IMG] but I won't bore any of you with that!

We are happy to have 21 as our total right now. [​IMG](my fav's so far I think are the naughty silver spangled hamburgs) The baby's [​IMG] are only about 6-8 weeks old and are awaiting the day they get to join the big girls in the big girl coop. (I'm really hoping the transition goes well! I have been reading like a mad woman on successfully introducing them.) Thank goodness for this site! I'm addicted by the way!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU BYC and Awesome members! Your wisdom is appreciated! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Welcome. I am glad you are here. Chicken fever. No cure. Just have fun and keep those naughty chicks in line! [​IMG]

3. Country Girl Wannabe

Country Girl Wannabe Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2011
    West Virginia
    Welcome to BYC! I am very new myself but have learned a ton of stuff from the members. A big welcome from Virginia.[​IMG]:ya

4. Tiffytoodles

May 25, 2011
    Idaho
    Thanks guys![​IMG] And welcome to you too Country Girl Wannabe! [​IMG]

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

Imp

6. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    [​IMG] from North Carolina! Nice to get an acre of land, wish I could do that but I'd have to raze a few neighbors houses first. Good luck with your chickens! [​IMG]

7. jcf3202

jcf3202 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] from Pennsylvania!

8. 4Hchickenproject

4Hchickenproject Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Welcome! Chicken fever catches you fast!! I'm a newbie too and learning lots and lots from this wonderful group!

9. Tiffytoodles

May 25, 2011
    Idaho
    Thanks everyone! Chicken fever dose catch you fast... My hubby thinks I'm obsessed! I can just watch them for hours...they are so entertaining to me! [​IMG]

10. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Quote:[​IMG]
    Just so ya know, you'd be preachin to the choir when it comes to the benefites of farm fresh eggs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by