New Member from North Idaho

Tiffytoodles

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 25, 2011
Idaho
My husband and I were recently given an acre of land off of my grandparents property...thats when the fever hit! They had an empty coop just calling my name... So last spring I decided to get chickens. I started with 5 speckled sussex. THIS spring I decided to get more

The reason?

Wellllll.... beside the fact that we just LOVE our little bird friends...My hubby is an avid sportsman an he eats A LOT of eggs, minimum 6 per day. Sad to say my 5 girls were just not cutting the mustard!I could go on all day about the health benefits of farm eggs vs. store eggs (YUCK!) ect.
but I won't bore any of you with that!

We are happy to have 21 as our total right now.
(my fav's so far I think are the naughty silver spangled hamburgs) The baby's
are only about 6-8 weeks old and are awaiting the day they get to join the big girls in the big girl coop. (I'm really hoping the transition goes well! I have been reading like a mad woman on successfully introducing them.) Thank goodness for this site! I'm addicted by the way!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU BYC and Awesome members! Your wisdom is appreciated!

Last edited:

kla37

Songster
9 Years
Apr 18, 2010
Hillsborough, NC USA
from North Carolina! Nice to get an acre of land, wish I could do that but I'd have to raze a few neighbors houses first. Good luck with your chickens!

4Hchickenproject

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 10, 2011
Welcome! Chicken fever catches you fast!! I'm a newbie too and learning lots and lots from this wonderful group!

Tiffytoodles

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 25, 2011
Idaho
Thanks everyone! Chicken fever dose catch you fast... My hubby thinks I'm obsessed! I can just watch them for hours...they are so entertaining to me!

Top Bottom