New member from Northern California!

Hi! I’m Koree, and I am brand new to chickens. I work at an animal shelter and currently have cats, dogs, and reptiles but recently started working with a large group of chickens at the shelter I work at. We have over 100 chickens, ducks, pigeons, and guinea fowl taken from a property where they weren’t being well cared for. They’ve been at our shelter for about 2.5 months now and I’ve started clicker training some of them for enrichment.

I never considered keeping chickens before, but I’ve become really attached to a few of them so I’m trying to decide if it would be responsible and doable to adopt a few of them when they are released from their legal hold.

I adore animals, as a single woman with my own home most of my house and furniture is reserved for animal use! I currently have 3 cats, 2 small dogs (all rescues), and 5 reptiles that are so fun to provide care for.

I found BYC through Google searching for advice online and decided to join so I could ask some questions and get feedback from other chicken keepers!
Hi Koree! I just joined too, Welcome ✌ Like you, I have used BYC advice for a couple of years now so I joined and Wow the knowledge on here is Stellar! I'm Michelle, nice to meet you! Looking forward to hearing more about your flock..Especially the Clicker training 😉

Hi Koree! I just joined too, Welcome ✌ Like you, I have used BYC advice for a couple of years now so I joined and Wow the knowledge on here is Stellar! I'm Michelle, nice to meet you! Looking forward to hearing more about your flock..Especially the Clicker training 😉
For sure! I can’t share photos/videos of our work publicly yet because the chickens don’t belong to us yet (legal case holds and such) but I am compiling all of it so when I’m allowed I can share it all!

I have 4 main students and I think they’re mostly all mixed breeds but they are so smart! They’ll come when called, climb some steps, perch on my arm, and work through an agility course so far.

Hi! I’m Koree, and I am brand new to chickens. I work at an animal shelter and currently have cats, dogs, and reptiles but recently started working with a large group of chickens at the shelter I work at. We have over 100 chickens, ducks, pigeons, and guinea fowl taken from a property where they weren’t being well cared for. They’ve been at our shelter for about 2.5 months now and I’ve started clicker training some of them for enrichment.

I never considered keeping chickens before, but I’ve become really attached to a few of them so I’m trying to decide if it would be responsible and doable to adopt a few of them when they are released from their legal hold.

I adore animals, as a single woman with my own home most of my house and furniture is reserved for animal use! I currently have 3 cats, 2 small dogs (all rescues), and 5 reptiles that are so fun to provide care for.

I found BYC through Google searching for advice online and decided to join so I could ask some questions and get feedback from other chicken keepers!
Welcome! I am in the South Bay Area and have been raising my current flock since July 2020.

Back
Top Bottom