New Member from NW Illinois

tenstrike123

Hatching
8 Years
Mar 29, 2011
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I have raised and shown poultry since I can remember. I started showing poultry when I was 8 (in 4-H) and have not been without chickens since then. My Parents kept a few of my birds for me while I was in college. I rescued a Rhode Island Red hen that was found in down Town Rockford and have had Rhode Island reds ever since. After getting Married and moving to Galena, IL I met Gary Underwood and have since been working with him on the Breeding of Rhode Island reds. He has been a GREAT mentor and is so full of knowlege. I consider myself very fortuate to live only 30 minutes from him. He helps me set up my breeding pens every year and we enjoy talking Reds!!!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? ALOT

(3) What breeds do you have?Rhode Island Red Standards are my main breed. I also have Silkies-Frizzles- Bantam Reds and my son loves his Old English Games.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? I had a potential customer tell me about this site and I looked it up

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I also raise and show Boer Goats. We raise Angus Cattle but I haven't shown them since 4-H. We enjoy riding horses in the summer and snowmobiling when there is snow.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I am Married and have a 8 year old son that helps me alot. He loves the animals. We own our own Furniture and Floorcovering store and have a Farm in the beautiful "Hills" in Illinois.

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Michigan!

Back
Top Bottom