1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New member from ny

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by brybagchicken, Feb 1, 2017.

1. brybagchicken

brybagchicken Just Hatched

Feb 1, 2017
    Hi new to the forum any clues on how i can tell a roo not a roo i have one hicken that is considerably larger and has these tufts on the side of the face but no rooing. The other chicken i have lay down when i come in the coop this one with the tufts doesnt just watches me is that a roo

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  3. brybagchicken

brybagchicken Just Hatched

Feb 1, 2017
    Thank you will post a pic later today. Will be nice to have an answer

4. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

It's nice to have you here!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    tufts on the side of the face are a feature of certain breeds but, not a gender clue.

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under brybagchicken [​IMG] Welcome!

As redsoxs has suggested, the folks on the Gender Forum should be able to assist.

You might want to say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by