New member from Olympia WA

girlnyelm

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 3, 2013
Hi! My name is Jaime. I am a newbie here, aspiring to have a happy little hen house for the benefits of eggs (duh!) & basic enjoyment. We live on a 1/3 acre lot in a suburban area in Olympia, WA. I'm not a novice to farm life, I grew up in 4-H, showing horses, etc. I also milked a goat every morning before school in my teens.
lau.gif
This is as close to city life I've ever really lived. LOL BUT! We discovered, our HOA doesn't have any restrictions to chickens (or anything else for that matter) and one of our other neighbors actually has a tractor w/ a couple hens. So, after months of researching BYC (bought the book first), we spent this past weekend building our basic coop where the former homeowners had a dog run. It's going to be perfect! Now just to get that run built asap & move in our brood. Looking forward to all the great information to be found here!

Jaime
Olympia, WA

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
That's a neat little coop!

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. You have a very cute coop. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Do you have any preferences of chicken breed?

Back
Top Bottom