New member from Ontario, Canada!

ThisandThatHomesteading

In the Brooder
Dec 6, 2020
Hi everyone!

We are a family of 4 from Kemptville, Ontario (near Ottawa). We have a 4 acre farm that we moved into just a year ago. Currently we have 5 laying hens and 1 rooster, we were hoping for more hens but our hen to rooster ratio was definitely not balanced from our initial 18 chicks in the spring. The breeds we have are Orpingtons (lavender and buff) and Americaunas. They are 7 months old now and all laying but the americaunas.
Besides the layers we plan on doing meat birds during the warmer months and have our eyes on some KuneKune pigs as well.
We have a large vegetable garden that continues to expand and are active in preserving our harvests in various forms.
We have also started our own Blog as well to cover what we are doing on our farm as well as offer how to’s / advice to various topics for other like minded folk! We can share the link to our site if that is allowed, I will wait till I get permission from the admins of this awesome resourceful site first though.
Lastly, I do lots of my own woodworking and general construction, including our Coop (which I will post on the appropriate page soon).
We love the lifestyle and have been so excited and grateful to have fresh eggs from our own chickens! The payoff feels great.

To the admins, thanks for accepting us and for this great site that had answered many questions during our days of raising our flock from day olds!

Sorry, no room for more Canadians....... I'm kidding! I love You Canadians! Show us your birds?
-BYC-sign-flash.gif

Back
Top Bottom