New member from southern illinois

I am getting 6 rhode island reds and 6 leghorns. Also 6 each of barr rocks and buff orpintons and one surprise roo. My old chicken house was at least 50 years old and the mink got in through the floor. My new one is like fort knox with concrete floor and two pop holes with one with a chicken guard. I haven't got my run done yet but I will have a little time.

Sounds like a wonderful new coop, I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Got my chicken house done and took some pictures. We couldn`t get them to load and my wife said that I had to have ten or fifteen post in order to post pictures. I will post just as soon as I can. Later

Hello :frow and welcome to BYC!

Got my chicks yesterday. One doa but they sent two extras so I am good with that. The other chicks were healthy and chirping and running around. In my new coop I put an Ohio brooder with two lights mounted on the roof. Put angle on lights and screwed to roof and with a chain. I will post pic. when I am able. Gave them a drink of sugar water and some chick feed and they are off and running. My mother raised chickens fo 50 years and had between 2500 and 3000 all the time. Most I ever raised was about 200 a year. pics later

Back
Top Bottom