New member from Spain

liser

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 29, 2014
Valencia, Spain
Hi there!

My name is Sergio and I live near the city of Valencia in Spain. I've been looking around the site for many times now and I decided to become a member. I always look for information in here and I'm always overwhelmed by it's quantity,but more important by it's quality, so very proud to be a member now!
I am an organic farming technician and work as a certified organic farmer, but I breed chickens only at home, not professionally. I have 6 chicken and a cock from a local breed which name is "Valenciana de Chulilla" or "Chulilla", a mixed breed chicken and a Spanish Fighter chicken. All of them free range in the afternoons, so I don't have to pick eggs from everywhere!
Here are some photos, almost everything is made from recycled materials:

Again, thanks to the community for all the info here in BYC!

Cheers!

Do you have many predators to worry about, like fox, coyote, raccoons, hawks?

Many people on here repurpose used materials also to make their coop and runs.

Welcome to Backyard chickens , glad you joined us

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help.
smile.png

Do you have many predators to worry about, like fox, coyote, raccoons, hawks?

Many people on here repurpose used materials also to make their coop and runs.

Welcome to Backyard chickens , glad you joined us

We don't have to worry about any of these here. In Spain, and specially in the coast where I live all of the predators are near extinct because of the "uncontrolled building mania". The problem here are rats and maybe some snakes when we have chicks. Tomorrow I'll start making an automatic treadle feeder to see if that works with rats.

Thanks for the warm welcome you all!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

You seem to have some beautiful birds!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Very nice! Rats can be very damaging and carry disease. So if at all possible, keep them controlled.

Enjoy your lovely flock and welcome to ours!

Back
Top Bottom