New member from Tennessee

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lolalynn, Mar 26, 2018.

1. lolalynn

lolalynn In the Brooder

Mar 26, 2018
    Hi, I'm Lola. I have had chickens for around 3 years, started with 6 what I was told were RIR but as I learned more, they were ISA Browns, I still have 4 of the original chickens but have added many more to the flock over the past 7 months since we have move from a subdivision to a farm. I now have 28 hens and 3 roosters, having lost 4 (illness, weasel, and fox got 2) since we've been on the farm. I free range them and lock the up at night. I also just bought 25 chicks that I have in a brooder, and am trying to hatch 30+ eggs in an incubator for the first time ever. The fox got my pet Sussex hen and I had 2 of her eggs that I am hoping to hatch, even though they will be "muts". I have several kinds of chickens, RIR, Barred Rock, Dominiques, Cream Leg Bar, Sussex, Wyandotte, Araucanas, and ISA browns. I also raise meat rabbits, I have 12 breeder and 35 babies at this time. I have 5 goats and 8 pigs and working on fences to get some cattle. I am married with a blended family of 5, but we are now empty nesters. We both work full time jobs, even though our new farm is a full time job of it's own. In the move, be never unpacked the television, so we've been without TV for over 7 months. I've always heard television was the biggest robber of time, but didn't realize how much until now. Ever since I got my first chickens, I have turned to this site for answers to all my questions, but never joined. Thank you guys for providing such a vast amount of knowledge here with all us newbies!

Teila, Joeschooks, 007Sean and 3 others like this.
  2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Lola, I'm sure you know that "chicken tv," beats the other kind. No satellite dishes, no cable bills - no reruns, but everyday Chicken dramas, in full color. Welcome to BYC :frow

3. lolalynn

lolalynn In the Brooder

Mar 26, 2018
    lol, yep! I have a stool pulled up to my brooder watching my chicks!!

4. Gailens

Gailens In the Brooder

Mar 26, 2018
    Hi, Lola! Nice to hear your story

5. ronott1

ronott1 A chicken will always remember the egg

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, CA
    My Coop
    welcometoBYC.jpeg
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens!

Great introduction

6. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hi Lola and welcome to our community. Please enjoy your time here.

7. Farmer Connie

Farmer Connie All My Friends Have Hoofs

Feb 28, 2017
    Florida Peninsula
    My Coop
    awesopme.jpg

CHICKEN-MATH-FARMER-CONNIE.gif

Joeschooks, 007Sean and ronott1 like this.
  8. lolalynn

lolalynn In the Brooder

Mar 26, 2018
    Thanks everyone for the welcome. I love the t-shirt Farmer Connie!! I told everyone at work I need an intervention, lol. They didn't listen, so this is where I am now and loving it.

Joeschooks, 007Sean and ronott1 like this.
  9. 007Sean

007Sean Wrangler

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy:welcome:frow Happy :yato have you join the family. Enjoy your time here at BYC! :)

Joeschooks and ronott1 like this.
  10. Joeschooks

Joeschooks Just clucking around

Feb 7, 2018
    Hampshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi Lola. Glad you decided to join the flock! :welcome I do hope you enjoy the site.

007Sean and ronott1 like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: