New member from Tennessee

lolalynn

In the Brooder
Mar 26, 2018
Hi, I'm Lola. I have had chickens for around 3 years, started with 6 what I was told were RIR but as I learned more, they were ISA Browns, I still have 4 of the original chickens but have added many more to the flock over the past 7 months since we have move from a subdivision to a farm. I now have 28 hens and 3 roosters, having lost 4 (illness, weasel, and fox got 2) since we've been on the farm. I free range them and lock the up at night. I also just bought 25 chicks that I have in a brooder, and am trying to hatch 30+ eggs in an incubator for the first time ever. The fox got my pet Sussex hen and I had 2 of her eggs that I am hoping to hatch, even though they will be "muts". I have several kinds of chickens, RIR, Barred Rock, Dominiques, Cream Leg Bar, Sussex, Wyandotte, Araucanas, and ISA browns. I also raise meat rabbits, I have 12 breeder and 35 babies at this time. I have 5 goats and 8 pigs and working on fences to get some cattle. I am married with a blended family of 5, but we are now empty nesters. We both work full time jobs, even though our new farm is a full time job of it's own. In the move, be never unpacked the television, so we've been without TV for over 7 months. I've always heard television was the biggest robber of time, but didn't realize how much until now. Ever since I got my first chickens, I have turned to this site for answers to all my questions, but never joined. Thank you guys for providing such a vast amount of knowledge here with all us newbies!

ronott1

A chicken will always remember the egg
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Mar 31, 2011
Woodland, CA
My Coop
My Coop
welcometoBYC.jpeg
Welcome to Backyard Chickens!

Great introduction

Farmer Connie

Gallus gallus domesticus
Feb 28, 2017
Florida Peninsula
My Coop
My Coop
I now have 28 hens and 3 roosters
I also just bought 25 chicks that I have in a brooder, and am trying to hatch 30+ eggs in an incubator for the first time ever.
I have several kinds of chickens, RIR, Barred Rock, Dominiques, Cream Leg Bar, Sussex, Wyandotte, Araucanas, and ISA browns.
I also raise meat rabbits, I have 12 breeder and 35 babies at this time.
I have 5 goats and 8 pigs and working on fences to get some cattle.
awesopme.jpg

CHICKEN-MATH-FARMER-CONNIE.gif

Top Bottom