New member from Tennessee

lolalynn

In the Brooder
Mar 26, 2018
Hi, I'm Lola. I have had chickens for around 3 years, started with 6 what I was told were RIR but as I learned more, they were ISA Browns, I still have 4 of the original chickens but have added many more to the flock over the past 7 months since we have move from a subdivision to a farm. I now have 28 hens and 3 roosters, having lost 4 (illness, weasel, and fox got 2) since we've been on the farm. I free range them and lock the up at night. I also just bought 25 chicks that I have in a brooder, and am trying to hatch 30+ eggs in an incubator for the first time ever. The fox got my pet Sussex hen and I had 2 of her eggs that I am hoping to hatch, even though they will be "muts". I have several kinds of chickens, RIR, Barred Rock, Dominiques, Cream Leg Bar, Sussex, Wyandotte, Araucanas, and ISA browns. I also raise meat rabbits, I have 12 breeder and 35 babies at this time. I have 5 goats and 8 pigs and working on fences to get some cattle. I am married with a blended family of 5, but we are now empty nesters. We both work full time jobs, even though our new farm is a full time job of it's own. In the move, be never unpacked the television, so we've been without TV for over 7 months. I've always heard television was the biggest robber of time, but didn't realize how much until now. Ever since I got my first chickens, I have turned to this site for answers to all my questions, but never joined. Thank you guys for providing such a vast amount of knowledge here with all us newbies!

welcometoBYC.jpeg
Welcome to Backyard Chickens!

Great introduction

I now have 28 hens and 3 roosters
I also just bought 25 chicks that I have in a brooder, and am trying to hatch 30+ eggs in an incubator for the first time ever.
I have several kinds of chickens, RIR, Barred Rock, Dominiques, Cream Leg Bar, Sussex, Wyandotte, Araucanas, and ISA browns.
I also raise meat rabbits, I have 12 breeder and 35 babies at this time.
I have 5 goats and 8 pigs and working on fences to get some cattle.
awesopme.jpg

CHICKEN-MATH-FARMER-CONNIE.gif

Back
Top Bottom