New member from the Philippines

Broody Kind of Love

In the Brooder
Mar 31, 2018
Philippines
Hello, I have been a member of the Facebook group, but I recently joined here in the official forum page. I have been raising chickens for a year now.

Back story: I started when I saw one of the roosters my brother was keeping had been malnourished; he neglected his chickens because of his busy schedule. I decided to take care of that rooster, and I nourished him back to health. The rooster, named Justin by my daughter, is the oldest chicken in the flock. :D

I did hate chickens when I was not yet that fond of them because of the noise, the poop, the mites (annoying mites!), and the mess they create when they are feeding (some are free range chickens, some tied (game fowls), and some caged (game fowls, pullets, cockerels, and chicks).

Now, I have my own flock. My brother gave me all the chickens he once owned, and the numbers keep rising (chicken math is hard).

I hope I will enjoy my stay here, learn new things, and share my experiences in chicken keeping.

Thank you very much :)

P.S. I just hatched new chicks in a DIY incubator for the first time (achievement!!!)

Alt-WELCOME-farmer-connie-1.gif

Welcome to Backyard Chickens!

Good job saving your Brothers flock!

Back
Top Bottom