New Member from WA State

TopHatChic

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 2, 2011
Brush Prairie, WA
Hi everyone.

Well, I have had chickens off and on for years as pets, but really have never been "into" chickens enthusiastically until recently. So I am learning as I go. I really am still very much a newbie even though I have had chickens for a long time.

Right now we have several banty mixes, but our best breeds are Silkies, Polands, Frizzles and working on getting some Sultans.

My family and I also have a couple of horses, dogs, cats and a goat. I have two older teens here at home and an elderly mother living here. We all love our animals. I am a stay at home person as I am disabled, but would love to learn to show or present some of my nicer chickens. I find that many places are not wheel chair friendly so it has been a little tough to start. I also am limited with my driving so I can not drive too many hours away from home due to my health.

I have a couple of special favorite chickens, but my cutey pet is a white capped blue Polish hen. She is adorable and very friendly. Enjoys being held and will fly to people to be picked up. She is a bit spoiled and I bring her in the house to hold her and feed her. She will just sit and be held for hours. She is just a Jr as she is only a few months old. My mother calls her Bonnet, but I am unsure yet.

I hope to spend more time here and learn as much as I can.

Anyone else from the WA State area? How about around Battle Ground, WA, Vancouver, WA or Portland, OR?

Thanks,
THC (Top Hat Chic)

welcome-byc.gif
I grew up in Portland and boarded my horses in Battleground for years.
smile.png

There is a Washingtonian thread--you should check it out!

Back
Top Bottom