New Member from WA State

LauriInWA

Hatching
5 Years
Mar 7, 2014
Hi there. I am the proud owner of 10 Rhode Island Red, 1 week old hens (I hope). I am still in the planning stage of my coop, just waiting on the hubby to help me put it together. I used to have horses and I am converting a 10x12 stall into a coop with a run off of it that will be fully enclosed and then we have about half an acre of fenced area separate from the rest of the property where they can get out on nice days and roam. We have 2 boxers and 2 cats. I recently lost my youngest son (22) and I am looking to keep myself busy so chickens and a garden this year should do the trick. I am really looking forward to fresh farm eggs!
Lauri

hugs.gif
welcome to BYC. i hope you enjoy it here as much as i do. i am so sorry for your loss. this site does keep you busy and quite a lot of info out here.

images

Hi Lauri, I am so sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif
I hope your heart can heal soon. And maybe some new chickens will help you to cheer you up a bit. Chickens are a lot of fun and can be very affectionate. Especially the Orpington breeds....Buff Orpingtons or Black Australorps.

Good luck in your new chicken adventures and enjoy BYC!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Very sorry for your loss :hugs A converted stall should make a nice coop, good luck with the chickens and garden.

Please accept my sincere condolences on the passing of your son. I hope the chickens will provide some comfort and joy through your bereavement .

Last edited:
Wow, thank you all, I had no clue these messages were here. I so appreciate the condolences and well wishes. The chickens are definitely helping keep my mind occupied. Sorry it took me so long to realize this was here. Thank you for the warm welcome.
Lauri

Back
Top Bottom