New Member from WA State

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LauriInWA, Mar 7, 2014.

1. LauriInWA

LauriInWA New Egg

Mar 7, 2014
    Hi there. I am the proud owner of 10 Rhode Island Red, 1 week old hens (I hope). I am still in the planning stage of my coop, just waiting on the hubby to help me put it together. I used to have horses and I am converting a 10x12 stall into a coop with a run off of it that will be fully enclosed and then we have about half an acre of fenced area separate from the rest of the property where they can get out on nice days and roam. We have 2 boxers and 2 cats. I recently lost my youngest son (22) and I am looking to keep myself busy so chickens and a garden this year should do the trick. I am really looking forward to fresh farm eggs!
    Lauri

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    [​IMG] welcome to BYC. i hope you enjoy it here as much as i do. i am so sorry for your loss. this site does keep you busy and quite a lot of info out here.

3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Hi Lauri, I am so sorry for your loss. [​IMG] I hope your heart can heal soon. And maybe some new chickens will help you to cheer you up a bit. Chickens are a lot of fun and can be very affectionate. Especially the Orpington breeds....Buff Orpingtons or Black Australorps.

Good luck in your new chicken adventures and enjoy BYC!

4. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Very sorry for your loss :hugs A converted stall should make a nice coop, good luck with the chickens and garden.

5. christine9

christine9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2013
    South Carolina
    Welcome to BYC! I hope this community and your chickens bring you healing and joy.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Please accept my sincere condolences on the passing of your son. I hope the chickens will provide some comfort and joy through your bereavement .

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  7. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

[​IMG]

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hi, Lauri, welcome to BYC.

9. LauriInWA

LauriInWA New Egg

Mar 7, 2014
    Wow, thank you all, I had no clue these messages were here. I so appreciate the condolences and well wishes. The chickens are definitely helping keep my mind occupied. Sorry it took me so long to realize this was here. Thank you for the warm welcome.
    Lauri

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by