New member from Wisconsin (and needing help...)

marypaul6955

Chirping
Apr 7, 2021
Hi, glad to be part of this group! Sad to say, my first post will be due to seeking help…came to the site to do so and realized I had not yet posted an introduction. ☹

I’m not new to chickens (got our own in 2014) but haven’t had any since we sold the farm and moved back to Wisconsin. I’m getting a few for a back yard flock 😊

Our farm flock consisted of French Copper Marans, Isbars and Cream Legbars.

I’ve got 2 chickens right now, 9-week-old Ayam Cemani. Just brought them home yesterday afternoon. I plan on getting a few Hedemora.

I really enjoyed the chickens themselves, very entertaining…and of course the free-range eggs!

Having backyard chickens is a new venture…we had a farm before and they free-ranged in the alpaca pasture. One of our Copper Marans hens would follow one particular alpaca around; we joked that “Olivia” had her own pet chicken.

I always have my nose in a book…also sewing and quilting…

We’re empty nesters, retired. We have two Papillons, one a 16-17 year old girl and a 3.5 year-old girl.

I’d seen Backyard Chickens over the years, decided to join here! I’ve not been on the computer a lot lately, other things have cropped up, as usually happens!

1618696198982.png

Back
Top Bottom