New member- Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AliLGray, Aug 19, 2019.

1. AliLGray

AliLGray In the Brooder

Aug 19, 2019
    IMG_20190818_114740.jpg IMG_20190818_114740.jpg IMG_20190818_114729.jpg Hi:frow
    Just a quick hello to introduce myself.
    I'm Alison and live in Surrey,England. Myself and my OH are currently building our coop and run so no chickens yet but hoping to get 3-4 hybrids
    Have visited this site a few times to get ideas and hoping to get lots of hints and tips along the way
    One question I do have.. am currently considering spraying the inside wood paneling to seal it to help prevent red mite burying in ( after caulking the edges) does anyone know a good product or have any experience of doing it?

2. Claires Poultry

Claires Poultry Free Ranging

Mar 24, 2019
    Beach, ND
    Hello Alison and welcome to BYC! :welcome
    We're so glad to have you here with us! :ya
    Thank you for joining our wonderful community of fellow poultry enthusiasts! :)
    :wee
    I pray you find the perfect chickens to start flock!
    Happy chicken-ing! :)

3. Kabootar

Kabootar Songster

Aug 15, 2017
    Bihar India
    :welcome aAliLGray, we are happy to have you here. I hope you will enjoy our community. Any specific reason for choosing hybrid birds???

4. fldiver97

fldiver97 Enabler

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    My Coop
    Welcome:welcome Nice to have you here! I used a no VOC (or low VOC) white paint inside.... makes the coop brighter and you can see bugs etc. Draw back.... you can see dirt :rolleyes: Some use whitewash. Not sure about sealing inside, the outside of my coop has it to protect from weather. Not sure if you have a window or more ventilation, cannot see in this picture. Something to consider :)

5. MissMarple

MissMarple Songster

Aug 3, 2019
    Arkansas
    :welcome:jumpy:woot

Welcome!! Happy to have you here! Your coop in progress looks beautiful! I can't offer any advice on sealing inside as I have no experience with it but I'm sure you'll find plenty of advice here! Like the above post! I'm also curious as to why you're choosing hybrids. Interesting choices! Hybrids of what? I have a couple myself but no telling what they're made of yet!

6. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Enabler

Hello, and welcome! Glad that you joined! Good luck with your future flock!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard Chickens, the pulse beat of the chicken community.

8. Shadrach

Shadrach Roosterist

Jul 31, 2018
    Catalonia, Spain
    My Coop
    Hello Alison.
    Welcome to BYC.
    The coop's coming on.
    I don't know of any product I would want on the inside of the coop that would seal the wood. I don't seal the coops insides here.

9. abpatchy

abpatchy Songster

May 1, 2012
    Germany
  10. DobieLover

DobieLover Easily distracted by chickens

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Hello, Alison, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
    Nice job getting the coop and run built well in advance of getting your birds. I don't know of any sealant you could use. I painted the interior of my coop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: