New Member here! So excited to be talkingto every one.

dooGefiL

Hatching
Apr 25, 2017
Hello everyone! I live in central Florida and I almost have my husband talked into keeping chickens after badgering him for many years. My grand parents raised chickens in West Virginia and that's where the love story for chickens starts. I have done some research and will go over this site with a fine tooth comb learning as much as I can. I figure raising chickens is a trial and error thing. You learn as you do, like my vegetable gardening which I am very good with. So here is my first question, We have predators like raccoons and possum,(not sure if possum is a predator) and also Coyotes and especial HAWKS, lots of hawks. What do I use to cover the top of my run? Thanks
jumpy.gif

Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock, glad you joined us
celebrate.gif
Oh yes possums are definitely a predator . skunks and snakes, and probably everything that walks or crawls. Everything loves chickens - and not in a good way. You might want to check out the predator threads for suggestions of repelling them.

If you want to find out if you have BYCers in your area, you can post on your state thread. Just put state name in the search box above and it will come up.

You may also enjoy the Learning Center above (just click on the brown rectangle at top of page) which is loaded with great information and can usually answer whatever questions you have in mind.

G’Day from down under dooGefiL
frow.gif
Welcome!

As you have already received links to some good starting points, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock when they arrive, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom