New member! Here to learn and share

Chicken guy 95

In the Brooder
Oct 29, 2020
Hey there! I live in Norcal, have helped my neighbor build a coop and start a flock over the past year so I figured it was time for my own. I was just gifted a handful of pullets and cockerels from a friend; 2 old English game hens and 1 cockerel, 2 Brahma pullets and 1 cockerel, 2 Wyandotte pullets, 1 black modern game pullet and 1 cockerel. I know I know, I’m going to have a my hands full with so many roosters and so few hens, so I’m still figuring out what to do... maybe get more hens or give away some roosters? I have a 8x8x8 coop I recently just built and I have plenty of land/garden space for them. I’m doing this for eggs, meat, and just good old fashioned farm entertainment. Please feel free to share any tips and/or ask me anything! Thanks everybody

It's great that you are getting your own chickens, that you realize you will likely have too many roosters -- and that the first thing you mentioned, before rehoming roosters, was to Get More Hens. Spoken like true chicken addict!

Sounds like a really interesting flock that should provide everything you're looking for.

Welcome to BYC!

Back
Top Bottom