New member here :)

WhiteWyan

Songster
May 17, 2017
Ulster Park
Hey everyone! I'm so excited to have joined this forum. I'm been lurking for a couple months and I can't wait to start sharing my experiences with chickens!

Thanks to all of the wonderful resources here, my boyfriend and I have sketched out a design for a coop. It should be built by the end of the summer and then it's time to get some chicks. I'll be sure to post lots of pictures. In the mean time I'll be here, researching some more.

See you around, everyone.
-WhiteWyan

Hey everyone! I'm so excited to have joined this forum. I'm been lurking for a couple months and I can't wait to start sharing my experiences with chickens!

Thanks to all of the wonderful resources here, my boyfriend and I have sketched out a design for a coop. It should be built by the end of the summer and then it's time to get some chicks. I'll be sure to post lots of pictures. In the mean time I'll be here, researching some more.

See you around, everyone.
-WhiteWyan
Hello!:welcome

Welcome to BYC,

Oh wow your better then I am. I could never wait that long to get my hands on some chicks. They are so much fun watching growing up. They change almost every day it seems. One week they are so tiny and your scared to death something will go wrong. Next week they are running around like crazy. The following week they are trying to fly. Yup you need a cover for the brooder in no time flat. When they are a month old they don't look anything like them little chicks you remember from the store. Time flies by so fast. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Hi and welcome to BYC. Good luck with the coop build. The sooner it's done, the better since raising chicks towards the end of the year is a little more hassle, and their availability (or at least choice of breeds) declines. It could be worth getting some point of lay pullets if the build is delayed.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/category/learning-center.11/ and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224

All the best

CT

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

You certainly have come to the right place for all the fun and learning!

Good luck on this new adventure. If you have any questions, feel free to ask around here or the forums.

So pull up a roost bar and welcome to our flock! :)

Welcome to BYC,

Oh wow your better then I am. I could never wait that long to get my hands on some chicks. They are so much fun watching growing up. They change almost every day it seems. One week they are so tiny and your scared to death something will go wrong. Next week they are running around like crazy. The following week they are trying to fly. Yup you need a cover for the brooder in no time flat. When they are a month old they don't look anything like them little chicks you remember from the store. Time flies by so fast. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Hi and welcome to BYC. Good luck with the coop build. The sooner it's done, the better since raising chicks towards the end of the year is a little more hassle, and their availability (or at least choice of breeds) declines. It could be worth getting some point of lay pullets if the build is delayed.

Thank you both for your input. It really makes me reconsider waiting until the end of the summer. I've gotta get moving! I do really want them sooner but I've been thinking that the coop should be finished before I get them.

Thank you both for your input. It really makes me reconsider waiting until the end of the summer. I've gotta get moving! I do really want them sooner but I've been thinking that the coop should be finished before I get them.
Very sensible and logical. Alternatively, get some chicks asap - within 6 weeks you'll work night and day on the coop to get 'em out of your house :)

I have to laugh because Ken is so right on that point of wanting them out of the house as soon as possible. They make such a mess but they are so lovable to. Hands on in the house makes them friendly and not scared of humans.

Tell boyfriend you want the coop built by Fathers Day. LOL So he can be a dad this year to these baby chicks.

I have to laugh because Ken is so right on that point of wanting them out of the house as soon as possible. They make such a mess but they are so lovable to. Hands on in the house makes them friendly and not scared of humans.

Tell boyfriend you want the coop built by Fathers Day. LOL So he can be a dad this year to these baby chicks.

Awww! I told him this. It made him smile quite a bit. And thank you for the advice about raising them indoors, I really want friendly chickens that don't mind being picked up so I'll keep this in mind.

Back
Top Bottom