New member here

tigger27

In the Brooder
Dec 4, 2018
Dallas, TX
Hi everybody. Thank you for having me as a new member and I'm glad I found such a useful site for something that I didn't know was a thing 6 months ago :)

I try to do as much as possible by not doing much at all, hence the copy and paste below.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Yes, our family is fair new only getting our 3 hens this March.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
(3) What breeds do you have?
I think we have an Easteregger that lays green eggs, an Oppington and the last one, not really sure. She is grey is all I can say.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Learning how chickens behave and how different the eggs are from the ones brought from the store, even the organic ones. I can't imagine how those chickens are raised since I don't do much to raise mine except give them food and water. The quality of the eggs are so striking different in quality.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Fountain pens, biking, and coding.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have 3 kids and only 3 chickens and work from home as a developer.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
BYC came up as one of the top google searches and only found it a month ago. I joined because I want to add to my backyard flock so I'm looking for other members that might have the breed I'm looking for.

smiley xmas hello.gif

Hi, it's nice to have you here with us!

If you'd like some help identifying the gray colored bird you have, post photos over on this forum:
What Breed Or Gender is This?

Thanks for joining us!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens!:welcomeWe are glad you joined the flock! BYC is a helpful site providing all of the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: Can you post your grey chicken in this forum to help indicate what breed she is? https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/what-breed-or-gender-is-this.15/
Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

Back
Top Bottom