New member here....

Hey everybody! So, let me get this started:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I am not new to chickens. I grew up with chickens at my grandparents home where I lived until about age 5. I first got my own flock back in 2011.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Currently we have 7 mature chickens (about 3 years old), 6 chickens that are 5 weeks old, and there are 15 chicks due to arrive in August 2021.

(3) What breeds do you have?
I have 1 comet, 2 Rhode Island Reds, 4 easter eggers, 3 speckled Sussex and 3 blue Wyandottes.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I love watching all of the antics from my girls. I also love the pest control and ground turning they provide as well as the bonus of eggs.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I have a garden and orchard here on the farm, so gardening would be one of my many hobbies. I also sew, cook, crochet, knit, embroider, make soap, craft jewelry, scrapbook tat and read.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have two dogs and 5 Nigerian Dwarf goats (2 does/3wethers). My farm is a multi-generational farm. Our son and his wife currently live on property. I am a full-time caregiver for my disabled spouse as well as running the farm.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
farm I found your page while searching Google for help with a sick chick about 2 weeks ago. After reading all of the suggestions, I followed one suggestion regarding vitamins and Electrolytes and I am happy to say that my chick has since recovered. I figured if anyone else needed help with the same issue it would be best I'd u shared what worked for me.
Hello and welcome from another newby!

Welcome to BYC! I’m so excited to see you joined! This wonderful community of poultry keepers and experts will be very happy to answer whatever questions you may have ☺️
2597B463-677F-4157-AC36-DFECF544032A.png

Back
Top Bottom