New member here!

FeatherProfessor

Songster
Feb 3, 2023
FL
(1) I’m not new to chickens but still fairly green when it comes to hatching other poultry. Started with hatching chicks in elementary school and grew into hatching eggs with my own kids. Now I’m hatching them with my college students. And so the cycle hopefully continues…

(2) My home flock is 9 chickens. My class has 11 in the incubator (originally 12-ish)

(3) Home flock is:
- 2 Easter Egger Hens
- 2 Sapphire Gem Hens
- 1 Banty rooster of undetermined parentage
- 2 hens of some mix between the above and either the Banty roo or one of the 2 now-gone roos (Easter egger roo and a mutt roo)
- 2 roosters of the same unknown mix of the above.

The banty roo has the 2 mixed ladies in his own coop and run. The two mixed up brothers have the rest of the ladies in their coop and run.

(4) The invaluable lessons that come with it, from how birds develop in the egg to where food comes from and the responsibility of taking care of others. I wish more schools did this with kids in elementary. A school coop would be a wonderful addition and great learning opportunities.

(5) I paint D&D miniatures and play D&D with friends. I also crochet and knit.

(6) I have a close knit family and kids. I’m a college professor and have chickens, horses, a service dog, a parrot, and some reptiles.

(7) I found BYC a few years ago when reminding myself about incubator settings but didn’t want to sign up for anything at the time. I finally decided to join bc I’d like to share in the February hatch along.

(1) I’m not new to chickens but still fairly green when it comes to hatching other poultry. Started with hatching chicks in elementary school and grew into hatching eggs with my own kids. Now I’m hatching them with my college students. And so the cycle hopefully continues…

(2) My home flock is 9 chickens. My class has 11 in the incubator (originally 12-ish)

(3) Home flock is:
- 2 Easter Egger Hens
- 2 Sapphire Gem Hens
- 1 Banty rooster of undetermined parentage
- 2 hens of some mix between the above and either the Banty roo or one of the 2 now-gone roos (Easter egger roo and a mutt roo)
- 2 roosters of the same unknown mix of the above.

The banty roo has the 2 mixed ladies in his own coop and run. The two mixed up brothers have the rest of the ladies in their coop and run.

(4) The invaluable lessons that come with it, from how birds develop in the egg to where food comes from and the responsibility of taking care of others. I wish more schools did this with kids in elementary. A school coop would be a wonderful addition and great learning opportunities.

(5) I paint D&D miniatures and play D&D with friends. I also crochet and knit.

(6) I have a close knit family and kids. I’m a college professor and have chickens, horses, a service dog, a parrot, and some reptiles.

(7) I found BYC a few years ago when reminding myself about incubator settings but didn’t want to sign up for anything at the time. I finally decided to join bc I’d like to share in the February hatch along.
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom