New member in Bristol, CT

dtimms

Songster
11 Years
Jun 20, 2009
NJ
Hi everyone!

In an effort to live a more organic, green lifestyle (and because we just really want to be farmers), we're just getting into backyard chickens! I'm in the researching stage, and really looking for a source of hens so we can get started! Any ideas????

Thrilled to find the forum, and really looking forward to the advice and support I'm sure we'll find here.

Would LOVE to hear from anyone else in CT with a small flock who might offer words of advice to get us started!

Diane in Bristol, CT

welcome-byc.gif
from utah

Dianne,

I'm a few towns south of you (Beacon Falls). We have an amazing group
of chicken folk in this area, including CT, Mass, RI, and Southeastern NY.

We have Chickenstocks(BYC picnics) a few times a year and various smaller
get togethers.

Welcome to BYC and the world of chickens.

Don

Thanks so much everybody!

Don, if you have a mailing list for your events, please include me!!! Would love to get involved with your group, especially being new to CT!!!

Hi there! As a fellow newbie, I can say that there's a lot of good information and advice here to look through. I'm also seeing that you're in a good location - you have a group you can get together with. Sounds like a lot of fun. Good luck!

AHHHHHH! I grew up in Bristol, CT and we got our first house in Windsor, CT a year ago. We have 5 RIR's that we got about 2 months ago. We have 1 rooster and 4 hens. Soon we will have 2 more added to our flock. We are so excited to hear there is someone from Bristol! There are unsexed chicks in Enfield, female chicks in Kensington and you hens that are a few months old in West Simsbury to name a few locally. If you need any info you can message me. These are my first chickens that we raised from a few days old but my bf had chickens when he lived in Farmington.
big_smile.png
You will love this site-we spend hours reading about chickens!

Back
Top Bottom