New Member in Central Ohio

Hecate

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 27, 2009
Ohio
(1) We got our first chickens in August.

(2) We started with 12 chicks, one died in the 2nd week and another died a couple of months later of unknown causes. So, we only have 10
sad.png

(3) We have: 1 Dominique, 1 Cuckoo Maran, 1 Welsummer, 1 White Crested Black Polish, 1 Blue Cochin, 1 Blue Andalusian, 1 Partridge Silky, 1 Gold Laced Wyandotte, and 2 Ameracaunas.

(4) I did an internet search while I was looking into keeping chickens, and found this wonderful resource!

(5) I enjoy studying languages, knitting, reading, playing music, boardgames, word games, and all sorts of other non-tv activities (we booted the tv 9 years ago and haven't been happier to have done it!).

(6) I am the mother of 4 kids, aged 8, 6, 5, and 3, and wife to a great man. We live in a small rural village in Ohio where we were very pleased to find out that it is very easy to keep chickens (now, if I could figure out a way to keep a few shetland sheep in the backyard). In addition to the chickens we have a miniature chocolate dachshund, who, after 9 years on this earth, has finally discovered that his great joy in life is to round up chickens! We keep busy with the kids and their music lessons and scouting activities on top of a busy homeschool schedule.

Welcome! We are new here too, and homeschool as well. My intro is at the bottom of the page. I'm going to be placing my layer order soon and see that you have 1 of each! :) That is encouraging to me, as I think we may be doing something similar.

Back
Top Bottom