New Member in Central Ohio

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Hecate, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Hecate

Hecate Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2009
    Ohio
    (1) We got our first chickens in August.

(2) We started with 12 chicks, one died in the 2nd week and another died a couple of months later of unknown causes. So, we only have 10 [​IMG]

(3) We have: 1 Dominique, 1 Cuckoo Maran, 1 Welsummer, 1 White Crested Black Polish, 1 Blue Cochin, 1 Blue Andalusian, 1 Partridge Silky, 1 Gold Laced Wyandotte, and 2 Ameracaunas.

(4) I did an internet search while I was looking into keeping chickens, and found this wonderful resource!

(5) I enjoy studying languages, knitting, reading, playing music, boardgames, word games, and all sorts of other non-tv activities (we booted the tv 9 years ago and haven't been happier to have done it!).

(6) I am the mother of 4 kids, aged 8, 6, 5, and 3, and wife to a great man. We live in a small rural village in Ohio where we were very pleased to find out that it is very easy to keep chickens (now, if I could figure out a way to keep a few shetland sheep in the backyard). In addition to the chickens we have a miniature chocolate dachshund, who, after 9 years on this earth, has finally discovered that his great joy in life is to round up chickens! We keep busy with the kids and their music lessons and scouting activities on top of a busy homeschool schedule.

2. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    [​IMG]

3. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    [​IMG] from MO [​IMG]

4. chicken quartet

chicken quartet Out Of The Brooder

Jun 12, 2008
    Corona, CA
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Chickenhatcher89

Chickenhatcher89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Lawrenceburg, TN
    [​IMG]

6. Hecate

Hecate Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2009
    Ohio
    Thanks for the welcomes -- been lurking since last March or so!

7. still learning

still learning Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2008
    Welcome! We are new here too, and homeschool as well. My intro is at the bottom of the page. I'm going to be placing my layer order soon and see that you have 1 of each! :) That is encouraging to me, as I think we may be doing something similar.

8. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    [​IMG]

Thanks for coming out of "lurkdom" to join the rest of us! It's so very nice to have you here!

9. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    [​IMG]

10. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by