New member in Colorado

DianeS

Songster
9 Years
Feb 28, 2010
Oregon
Good evening, everyone!

My name is Diane and I live in Colorado. I am brand new to the world of chickens. I've thought about getting some for years, but never followed through. I love fresh eggs, I want fewer bugs in my yard, and I adore that contented cackling sound chickens make when they're happy. Add that up, and it means I should get chickens! (Although my friends think it means I'm just plain nuts.)

I don't have any chickens yet. I intend to spend this year learning about them and building a coop and run, and get them next year. I like to be prepared. I live in the suburbs, where I'm allowed to have up to ten hens, no roosters. I expect to start with four, and let them have chicks in a year or two if the four work out as well as I hope.

Currently I have two dogs, one cat, a stray cat I'm attempting to integrate into the menagerie, and am getting licensed to provide foster care to children. I've done dog rescue, and adopted my cat. I garden, I compost, and I do all my own home repair. Whew! Plus a full time job as a business analyst on top of it. I like being busy!

I look forward to getting to know everyone, and getting a LOT of questions answered. Talk to you later!

DianeS

welcome-byc.gif

Im in Arvada and have 4 backyard chickens. Hope you enjoy the site as much as I do . I have learned lots here

I am new too, just joined yesterday, hours before you, This is a great site, I have been using it for years and finaly joined too.

Back
Top Bottom