New member in Fresno/Clovis Area

Gfisher00

Chirping
Jul 31, 2021
Fresno, CA
My Coop
My Coop
Hi, all, my name is Gilbert. I currently do not have any chickens. We always had chickens (usually 10-20 egg layers) when I was growing up, in Wyoming. I am to a point now, where I miss that, and would like to raise some chickens again. Fresno and Clovis currently prohibit backyard chickens in residential areas, but it appears that enforcement is lax, as long as your neighbors are ok with it. In fact, our neighbor has chickens, and we don't mind. Nevertheless, it appears that Clovis is considering a new ordinance that would allow chickens and I am watching that. I don't think I will take my chances, unless it is legal.

That being said, we have been looking for a house on a couple of acres for a couple of years, and unfortunately have put the hunt on hold due to the crazy rise in home prices lately. Hope we can get a place where we can have our own flock. In the meantime, I am busy researching the best breeds, best coop, etc., so I can be ready to go when the opportunity arises.

I think that covers the basics from the first 4 questions in the template for new members. As to the remaining 3 questions:

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I like spending time with family. I like collecting books. I love leather-bound and antique books.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My wife and I are empty nesters. I am an attorney, with my own practice. I represent injured workers in workers' compensation cases.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found BYC through a google search, specifically while looking up chicken ordinances in Fresno and Clovis, about a year ago. I have come back across it multiple times. I thought I would join, as I am getting closer to being able to get chickens, and I though I might start asking a few questions, if that is ok.

68AFC663-96A1-4EE4-BDB5-13E97943992A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom