New Member in Grad School - MPH project - Chicken Nutrition Survey

Hi Everyone - I'm new to the chicken world, and I don't have any chicks of my own yet, but I did go on the Chicago Chicken Coop tour last September. Lots of great chickens, coops and chicken owners - so I'm combining this new interest with my grad school final project.

I'm student at the George Washington University in DC - I'm from Chicago originally - and as part of my Master of Public Health program I'm evaluating this aspect of urban agriculture: backyard chickens. For this project I've created a brief online survey about chicken health and nutrition. It takes about 5 to 10 minutes to complete.

The purpose of this study is to gain a better understanding of the types of feed and supplements backyard chickens are being fed, and attitudes towards these food choices.

The link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ChickenFeedSurvey

I'll be happy to share my results - I'm hoping to do my final presentation and finish the degree in January or early February.

In terms of other aspects of the project - I have no affiliation with any agricultural feed supplier or agricultural corporations - my background is actually in nursing- but I wanted to do something outside of that area for a final project. As for funding the project - I'm paying the $30 a month Survey Monkey fee myself. There really are no other expenses for the project.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can provide. The more responses I get, the better the project!

Welcome to BYC.... from the San Diego High desert.... going to take your survey next...

deb

I will take your survey headed there next. I look forward to the results. interesting. Do you plan to also do something with the information you gather on the coops?

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Hi Everyone- Thanks so much for your response to the survey. I truly appreciate it!
Any suggestions as to a different area of 'backyardchickens.com' that I could post the link to get more responses -
I'm not sure what area would be most appropriate.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom