New member in Spotsylvania, Virginia

mcbridb

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 10, 2011
I have only been doing the chicken thing for a year. Got into it because my autistic son wanted chickens and ducks. Agreed to the chickens but not the ducks.
smile.png
We have 1 RIR rooster and hen, 1 golden cochin(?), 1 bantam silkie and 2 sex link(?) hens. We also have 9 fish and 4 cats. Not quite the zoo other people have but enough for me. All the animals are pets and will (hopefully) live long love-filled lives....except possibly the rooster. Would love to get a goat or two or even borrow so the poison ivy and such can be taken care of naturally.

The chickens are quite the stress reliever for me. They are so funny to watch. I actually have 2 neighbors that have told me that they love to hear my rooster crow. They walk to the end of their driveway so they can listen! The eggs are a nice byproduct of owning the chickens. Not going to do the baby chick thing....have enough going on without adding that to the mix.

Have enjoyed lurking on the board for the last year. Always learning new things from here. Expect to continue learning from here.

Back
Top Bottom