New member indroducing myself.

MrsWindsor2008

In the Brooder
May 18, 2015
Combee Settlement, Lakeland, FL
Hi Everyone!

My name is Donna Windsor.

I live with my husband John, and our two boys David (Age 7) and Matthew (Age 6) in Lakeland where we have 1 parakeet, 2 cockatiels, 2 cats, and 10 chickens (1 Easter Egger, 1 Black Australorp, 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Wyandottes,2 RI reds and two I'm not 100% sure) and a backyard aquaponic garden.

I just joined this page to share my experiences and learn from you.

Thank you.
Donna W.

Last edited:
Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

You have come to the right place for all the fun and learning!

Make yourself at home here and if you do have any questions, feel free to ask around the forums.

Welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC, Donna. Glad you decided join our flock. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Black Australorps and Buff Orpingtons are especially wonderful breeds for children as they are so calm and gentle. My children and granddaughter made lap pets out of our Australorps and Orpingtons. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to BYC, Donna! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Sounds like you have a lovely variety of birds! Those are all great breeds. I have buff orpingtons and an easter egger too. Always wanted an australorp and a wyandotte.

Good luck with your flock and welcome to ours
big_smile.png

Okay so the aquaponics is a closed ecosystem fish eat fish food and their waste becomes fertilizer for the plants, the plants act as a natural biofilter and clean the fish waste out of the water. Our system is CHOP (constant height, one pump) and we took our deep water culture and replaced it with a wicking bed because the frogs kept eating the plant roots in the dwc.

Back
Top Bottom