New member intro

Kerrie Williams

In the Brooder
Oct 31, 2016
Hello!
I still consider myself new to the chicken keeping world as I have only had them for just under 2 years. I started off with a little flock of 5. Two bantam RIR, two old english, and one buff silkie. I just lost my last RIR to illness just last week (the other was a roo who is now living on my friends farm). As with many beginners we made a lot of mistakes, like my hubby handling one of my chicks too much when we first brought them home and literally stressed it to death, and then later when we put them outside, we didn't have small enough wire around their enclosure and my dog pulled one thru etc...
I now have 13 in my mixed flock and look forward to sharing my journey with ya'll (yes I'm from Texas) and learning everything I can. I'm particularly interested in learning more about illness causes and cures as I have had 2 go from normal to gone in a matter of a day 2 at most. Sooo heartbreaking!!!
Happy chicken keeping :)

G’Day from down under Kerrie :frow Welcome!

Chicken Sympathy.jpg

So sorry to hear of your loss. I hope fond memories bring some comfort.

You might find the Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures Forum helpful.

Personally, I have found the Topic of the Week articles a great resource and a one stop shop for questions which may have already been discussed within the BYC membership group.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Best wishes for a bright and cheerful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Back
Top Bottom