New member intro

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kerrie Williams, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Kerrie Williams

Kerrie Williams In the Brooder

Oct 31, 2016
    Hello!
    I still consider myself new to the chicken keeping world as I have only had them for just under 2 years. I started off with a little flock of 5. Two bantam RIR, two old english, and one buff silkie. I just lost my last RIR to illness just last week (the other was a roo who is now living on my friends farm). As with many beginners we made a lot of mistakes, like my hubby handling one of my chicks too much when we first brought them home and literally stressed it to death, and then later when we put them outside, we didn't have small enough wire around their enclosure and my dog pulled one thru etc...
    I now have 13 in my mixed flock and look forward to sharing my journey with ya'll (yes I'm from Texas) and learning everything I can. I'm particularly interested in learning more about illness causes and cures as I have had 2 go from normal to gone in a matter of a day 2 at most. Sooo heartbreaking!!!
    Happy chicken keeping :)

2. FrankieDoodle

FrankieDoodle Free Ranging

Jul 29, 2017
    California
    Welcome to BYC!!!

3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member 5 Years

G’Day from down under Kerrie :frow Welcome!

Chicken Sympathy.jpg

So sorry to hear of your loss. I hope fond memories bring some comfort.

You might find the Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures Forum helpful.

Personally, I have found the Topic of the Week articles a great resource and a one stop shop for questions which may have already been discussed within the BYC membership group.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Best wishes for a bright and cheerful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

4. Hope Hughes

Hope Hughes Crossing the Road Premium Member

Apr 1, 2017
    Madison, FL
    My Coop
    Hello:frow
    Welcome to BYC!!
    So glad to have you here!!
    Thanks for sharing your story!!
    There are many people on here that are ready to help in anyway they can!
    The learning center also has alot of great information on it as well!
    Enjoy!:wee

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member 8 Years

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    So sorry for your losses. Teila has given you links for important threads, so I will just say. Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens.

6. blackdust951

blackdust951 Ostrich egg

Jul 24, 2017
    NSW Australia
    My Coop
    :welcomehello:frowand welcome to Backyard Chickens!we're so happy you've decided to join us here:celebrateits great to have you here with us:yesss::yesss: enjoy your time here.:)

7. betR2

betR2 Chirping

Dec 12, 2017
    Australia
    Hi Kerrie, Hope you are finding the information you need here. :caf So many friendly and knowledgeable people here. :cool: Welcome to the flock. :frow

8. chickadoodles

chickadoodles Crossing the Road 5 Years

Feb 28, 2013
    Gone camping
    Hello Kerrie and welcome to BYC. :frow
    Sorry for your losses.

9. rjohns39

rjohns39 Enabler Premium Member

Aug 20, 2015
    Smith County, TN
    Hi Kerrie and welcome to BYC :frow We're so happy you've decided to join us:ya
    So sorry for your losses:hugs

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member 9 Years

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Good morning, Kerrie, and welcome to BYC.

Wickedchicken6, 007Sean and rjohns39 like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: